Attorney Near Me

February 27, 2020

Enforcing Modification Orders

For several reasons-all of which are based on the best interest of the child-family courts in Texas may approve of changes from previous court orders. This process is considered a modification of orders. Varying case by case, the following court orders can be modified:

  • Existing custody orders
  • Visitation orders
  • Child support orders
  • Medical and support orders

Circumstances like getting a new job or loss of current employment, relocation, changes in living conditions, criminal charges on part of a parent, or changes in the child’s health can lead to modification of orders. After creating a modification of orders, the next step is making sure the modification is enforced.

Enforcing Modification Orders

Enforcing Modification Orders

Modification of orders can include:

  • The child’s desire to reside with other parents
  • Child abuse or neglect
  • Changes in income and job status
  • The best interest and needs of the child
  • Visitation rights
  • Conservatorship

Keep in mind, you have the right to seek or defend yourself against the modification of orders. Subsequently, The Fetty Firm is here to make sure your modification orders take effect in the best way possible.

Furthermore, a court order can become stale at times. Because circumstances can change, an existing order can become obsolete.

Seeking Enforcement of Modifications

If the other person fails to pay child support or spousal support, The Fetty Firm can help. Contact us for a consultation. Consequently, we’ll provide advice on your legal rights and in terms of how to proceed based on a review of the enforcement order.

Remember, you have a right to fight proposed custody and support modifications. If you’re in a current situation where a proposed enforcement is unworkable or not in the child’s best interest, reach out to us at your earliest convenience.

Texas Estate Planning

Texas Family Law firm

Rashelle Fetty has over ten years in the legal sector, in which she has helped countless clients with their family law cases. With personalized and attentive services, we’ve achieved great results for our clients. Don’t allow your support order to be ignored, and make sure it’s enforced by the law.

You can reach Rashelle and The Fetty Firm by calling (214) 546-5746. Moreover, check out our Family Law webpage for more information on our legal services. We look forward to meeting with you and finding the best path forward with your case.